Organizing a Writing Workshop
You want to organize a Writing Workshop? We will support you!
What is a Writing Workshop?
The goal of a Writing Workshop is to encourage an active examination of a topic or a perspective of pluralist economics. In the course of a 2-3-day workshop about 15 participants (students and young scholars) will discuss and reflect different topics. Their aim is to write scientific essays that, after going through an academic review process, will be published on Exploring Economics. Essays can be written in English and German and it is possible to involve international online participants.
Here you can find information on previous Writing Workshops:
- A new critique of the new mainstream: March 2018 in Berlin; organized by Was ist Ökonomie? with support by Exploring Economics. You can find the results online soon.
- Social-Ecological Economics: March 2018 in Vienna and online; organized by the Gesellschaft für Plurale Ökonomik Wien with support of the Center for Students of Economics WU Wien and Exploring Economics. You can find the results online soon.
- Gender and the Economy: March 2017 in Berlin and online; organized by the Exploring Economics team in collaboration with the network efas. You can find the results here.
What does Exploring Economics provide?
- Know-how and templates from previous Writing Workshops regarding the program, preparation and follow-up processes
- Quality guide for essays
- Assistance with fundraising and the compilation of necessary documents.
Possible funding source:
- INET (YSI Event Grant)
- Financial support up to 5000 $
- Application requirement: you must be a student of economics or a related field at a college or university
- Application deadline is every 3 months on March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31 Application steps and required documents:
- Complete a web form
- Prepare and submit an event proposal including itemized budget
- Submit an evidence of institutional support
- Submit an evidence of local faculty participation
- Follow-up requirement: submit a short report to the INET
- INET (YSI Event Grant)
- Support with search for academic reviewers
- Support with search for English native speakers who will proofread essays
- Technical infrastructure for online registration form
- Advertisement for the event across communication channels of Exploring Economics and the Network for Pluralist Economics
- Support in case of questions and problems
What will be organized by you?
- Selection of literature
- Accommodation and food
- Participant support
- Optionally: Booking speakers to give inputs on the subject of the Writing Workshop or on writing academic essays
- Academic review process